Thursday, September 12, 2024

Lots Of Perks At the City of Blue Ash and the Untouchables Classic Car Club Classic Car Show

 

Most cars shows will offer up some perks for folks who show up. There will be food and music and sometimes vendors. The 12th Annual City of Blue Ash and the Untouchables Classic Car Club Classic Car Show offers up some unique twists. As for food, it is free. Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats and metts are cooked up and they only ask for a donation. The music isn't the typical string of car related oldies. It is classic soul and R&B from the 1960s and 1970s. The setting, Oakwood Park and the Hazelwood Community Center is a perk in itself with plenty of grass and trees to help ease the summer heat. But perhaps the best perk is the group that puts on this event. They are some of the nicest and most helpful people imaginable. The perfect example occurred this year. I got a text telling my my oldest son's family had all come down with Covid and could I run and pick them up some food. I ran into a member of the Untouchables and told him why I had to leave. He offered to have a large batch of the hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, and metts put in a pan so that I could take them to my family. That is unparalleled in any environment. And the automobiles they bring in are pretty great as well. Among the cars and trucks at this year's event was a 1966 Ford Thunderbird, a 1949 Ford Custom, a first generation Mustang, a Shelby Cobra kit car, and a 1969 Chevy Camaro.






No comments:

Post a Comment