Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy 4th of July

The area where I live, Anderson Township, happens to have the largest 4th of July Parade in this part of the state. It started only 15 years ago and saw my daughter march in the inaugural event with the rest of the middle school cheerleaders at the time. Now I walk up the street, pick up my granddaughter, and we enjoy the parade.

Like most parades, there is a good selection of cars driving as part of the festivities. Naturally I always focus on those. While most are modern vehicles I also love it when there are a number of great classics showing up as well.

This year featured a beautiful 1965 Ford Mustang, a Willys Jeep, a Model A, an actual recommissioned wagon that was used by the Kroger Company back in the 19th century (dig that horse power), a Chevy El Camino, a Jaguar XJS, a Mazda Miata, a 1968 Mustang, a Volkswagen Beetle, a Model T, a 1958 Impala, and a gorgeous Cadillac convertible.  All in all, it was a good parade.







No comments:

Post a Comment