Monday, January 4, 2021

Mainstrasse Went Buggy


 The annual show at Mainstrasse Village in Covington always attracts a nice variety of vehicles. If you've been checking out the blog recently you have seen proof of this. Today let's take a look at some of the Volkswagen Beetles that were on display. I've always had a warm spot for the Bug. One was my first car (well my brother and I shared it). My brother actually got sandwiched between a semi and a pick up on I-75. There wasn't too much damage and we were able to rebuild it and turn it into a mud buggy with heavy duty shocks and a souped up boxer engine. A year or so later my adoptive mom bought a VW station wagon and I drove it around. It was a cool car with enough room in the back once the seat was folded to do things that teenagers all wanted to do. The problem with it was that it was so top heave that every time you took a corner you felt like it was going to roll over. Ah memories. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment