Friday, August 3, 2012

More From British Car Day

          I was kind of surprised by the turn out at the recent British Car Day show. Yes the weather, with the threat and actual pouring of rain, had a lot to do with it, I'm sure. And while the feature was the 50th anniversary of the MGB and the Triumph Spitfire, I was surprised at the few E Types and Auston Healey models on display. There were a fair number of Midgets and even a classic Saab on hand. But perhaps the most intriguing car I've included here was a 1976 Rolls Royce saloon in less than stellar shape that the owner claims is one of only two in the world. I wasn't able to track down the owner to talk about the car but I've included a couple of pictures. I'm hoping I can find out the story behind this car and pass it along.















No comments:

Post a Comment