Saturday, November 6, 2021

Pontiacs On Monmouth


 When General Motors announced that they would no longer be making Pontiacs there was quite a furor about the loss of this popular marque. Many wondered that since the Pontiac was outselling Buick why it was chosen for the chopping block. Well the obvious reason is that the Buick brand was the company that actually started GM in the first place. As my father was a Pontiac owner throughout my childhood (until he stepped up to a Cadillac when I hit high school) I too lamented the loss of this line of automobiles. That's why I'm always glad to see lots of Pontiacs on display at a show like Wheels On Monmouth. Among those sitting in Newport that day was a Firebird, a Fiero, a Tempest station wagon, a GTO, a 1966 Tempest Custom, a GTO The Judge edition, and a Firebird convertible.






No comments:

Post a Comment