Thursday, November 3, 2022

Cruisin' With Some Pontiacs

My earliest real memories of family cars were always Pontiacs. My uncle worked at the Norwood GM plant, famed for building Chevy Camaro and before that Bel Air automobiles, and so he could use his employee discount for various members of the family. My father wanted something other than the entry level GM car and reached for the next rung on their food chain. He bought a first year Tempest. From that point until I was in high school all we owned was a string of Pontiacs. That's one reason I'm still rather fond of the brand and am always glad to see them well represented at events. Well there was no shortage of Pontiac cars at the 6th Cruisin' For a Cure For ALS show in Lawrenceburg. Among the ones on hand was a Firebird along with a Trans AM, a 1965 GTO, a Grand Am, and a GTO station wagon with the sporty Ram Air package which was a bit of overkill but a very quick way to get the kids to school






No comments:

Post a Comment