Thursday, September 12, 2013

Always Problems

There are always problems with every car show. No event can run perfectly. There are too many other factors involved, often things that are out of the event organizer's control. In the case of the 3rd Annual Sycamore Township Car Show I saw two big problems. First is the venue. While it is a wonderful park and sports field, the cars are lined up not on  the lawn but in a large parking lot. This isn't unusual but I've always felt that setting out the cars and making people walk around a hot black top parking lot while the summer sun beats down on them is a detriment.

The other problem I found with this show is something I believe I mentioned last week. There were a lot of shows scheduled for this same day. Granted people make a decision based on their schedules of when to hold a car show but this one ran up against a couple of long established events and that, I'm sure, was a factor in a lower than hoped for turn out.







No comments:

Post a Comment