Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Memories At the Jerry Patton Memorial Car Show


 Car shows always bring back memories as I see and photograph the various vehicles that are on display. Some of these memories are more vivid and personal than others. At the Jerry Patton Memorial Car and Bike Show I got to see Ford Maverick. In high school I got hold of a Maverick and drove it for a couple of years, and then drove it into college. I loved the car. Technically it was a Pony car but didn't get any of the same respect as say, the Mustang, Camaro or the Barracuda. While the car came standard with a 170 cubic inch four cylinder, mine had the optional 250 cubic inch Thriftpower inline six which made it just a touch faster than most people realized.Luckily I never got caught speeding. I kept that car until junior year in college when I got a Mercury Capri. Also at the show was a Buick Grand National, a Chevy Chevelle, a Cadillac ElDorado, Ford Coupe hot rod, and a 1968 Camaro.











No comments:

Post a Comment