Friday, May 31, 2024

Wrapping Up the Newport Elks Show

Today is my last post from this year's Newport Elks Post 273 car show. While there were a number of really cool cars on display, the turnout was a bit disappointing with only about 40 vehicles on hand. Among them was a Saturn Sky. The Saturn was a short lived General Motors line that was created in 1985 to directly compete against the flood of Japanese imports. It never lived up to expectations and became a casualty in 2009. A side note, my oldest son owned a Saturn and I lost count of how many recalls it had. Still, a Sky convertible was on hand for this event along with a 1988 Mercedes Benz 560 SL, a Pontiac Firebird, a couple of Chevy Camaro models, a Dodge Challenger, and a Jaguar XJS. Let me know what you thought of the cars at this event. Feel free to leave a comment (no ads, please) or drop me an email at turnerbudds@yahoo.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment