Sunday, April 9, 2017

Clearing Up the Facts About Al Capone's "Last Car"

Back in 2012 I stumbled across what appeared to be an interesting car at the Ault Park Concours d'Elegance. The owner of the car claimed that his 1947 Packard Custom Super 8 Sedan had belonged to Al Capone just prior to the notorious gangster's demise. I've been exchanging emails with Mike David who has been able to shed some light on the true nature of this car. I recommend that you go back and read my original story here: http://turnerbudds-carblog.blogspot.com/search?q=Al+Capone%27s+Last+Car.

Below are a couple of email Mike sent with what he knows of the history of this car. And he should, the car was in his family.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of what Jimmy Stewart's character was told at the end of the movie The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance after he had told the newspapermen that he didn't really shoot Valance: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

    ReplyDelete