Friday, July 20, 2012

More From Anderson


         This car show holds a special meaning for me. I know I've told this story before but it was at the very first one, eight years ago, that my youngest son, Josh, for the first time really fell in love with cars. He had liked cars and enjoyed wandering around a few shows looking at them with me but something happened that day that really changed his view of car culture.
           That first car show associated with the Anderson Township Fourth of July Parade had an unexpectedly larger turnout than many people would have imagined. Perhaps it was because it was the first one or because there weren't that many shows on tap that day but there were plenty of nice rides to look at.
          One in particular caught Josh's eye. It was a car such as he had never seen before, a Morgan. As Josh was gawking, the owner of this fine automobile came over and started talking to him. Finally that owner said, "You know, there's only one way to look at this car and really enjoy it," With that he opened the driver's door and let Josh sit in the car.
          My son beamed and then, being all of 11 years old, looked at me and said, "Dad, this is the car I want to take my driver's test in." Everyone laughed and five years later Josh passed his driver's test in a Volvo.
          For that reason alone this show holds a special place for both me and Josh. Here are some more pictures from this year's event. Hope you enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment