Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some Familiar Faces

          Even with the number of car shows and the area I tend to cover I'm always running into people I've met before; some of whom I've even posted blogs about. Especially when you consider that this particular show is close to my home (we walked up for the parade and show) and so seeing some of my friends wasn't really a surprise.
          For example, there is Phil Banks whose car Blown Income has gotten a lot of comments and emails about how he was teaching his daughter how to launch it.
         Or there's Larry Mertens who has become a pretty good friend over the past couple of years. His Laser 917 replica is always a unique car that these shows and attracts a lot of attention, especially from the kids.
          And then there is Dave Krieger. Here is a guy who, without a lot of experience, hand built a woody body on a Ford Model A frame.
          There are others, some that just seem to show up at shows where I attend and others belonging to people I already know. So if you are a regular reader of my blog then you just might recognize some of these beautiful machines. If not, I hope you enjoy seeing them for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment