Monday, November 12, 2012

It's Only Shades of..... Purple?

          I've noticed over the past couple of years the growing number of people who are painting their classic and collectible cars some shade of purple. I'm not sure what this represents. Is it a well thought out trend or just co-incidence? It's hard to tell.
          At the recent 1st Church of God Car Show I noticed a number of cars that sported a purple exterior. In fact, when I counted up how many there were and compared it to the total number of cars I was surprised to see that over 10% of the cars at the show were in one shade of grape or another.
          My friend Jeff, a great mechanic and car guy, was at that show. He didn't bring his car, he told me, because it was all apart in his garage. He said he was getting ready to paint it to have it ready for the next car show season. The color he chose? Purple.






No comments:

Post a Comment