Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bright Light in Newport

If you've been following my posts from the Rides on Monmouth Show you have probably figured out how bright it was on that day. This can make shooting pictures difficult. Some people may not realize it but shooting outdoors in bright sun can really mess with the settings on your camera. When I go to shows I travel light, just one Nikon body and two lenses (though I generally use the wider zoom). I don't have the luxury of having any way to control the light such as having an assistant holding a shiny or white board that I can use to bounce light on the shadowed parts of the car. It is especially difficult with white cars. I try my best to capture the images as cleanly as possible and I hope they all come out.
Some of the rides in this post are a Chevy Custom 10 pick up, a brilliantly white Pontiac Bonneville, a C2 Vette, a neat Chevy Bel Air Nomad wagon, a Camaro, and my friend Tim Klein's 1968 Dodge Coronet 500.








No comments:

Post a Comment