Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Dark Knight and Beyond



One of the special displays at this year's 53rd Annual KOI Auto Parts Cavalcade of Customs was a tribute to three generations of the Batmobile. Yes I got pictures but not nearly as nice as I would have liked. I could have paid money and gotten my picture taken next to one of them with a hot model in a Batwoman costume. I declined.

In addition, there were a couple of really outrageous machines that were on display that I'm including here. The first is a custom made mammoth of a Touring Sedan from the Van Demark Motor Car Company. I didn't get a chance to speak with the gentleman running the display but I'm going to try to look up the company and find out more about this and their other cars. I walked from end to end and this baby is over 20 feet long.

The other one I wanted to highlight was a beautiful low rider 1939 Lincoln Zephyr. They call it "The Zemi" because, well, it's a Zephyr and has a 426 cubic inch, 505 horse power Chrysler Hemi V 8. Yeah. Everything is better with a Hemi.

5 comments:

  1. Me, too, it was a very cool car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Van Demark touring sedan just passed me in Naples, FL! I got a pic if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glen, that's so cool! Yeah, I'd love to see the picture. You can email me at turnerbudds@yahoo.com. As an aside, I love Naples. One of my daughter's best friends is working there now and we head to Marco Island all the time.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete