Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Good Deeds and Good Rides

The Hot Dogs and Hot Rods car show that was part of New Richmond's The Strut Your Mutt Event brought in not only a good collection of cars but also a good collection of dogs and people and businesses who support our four legged friends.

One of those organizations is the League for Animal Welfare, a no-kill shelter from which my family has adopted out animals. In addition, I also helped my aunt adopt a dog a number of years ago after she lost her friend.

There is another reason why the League is special to me. I have done a good deal of pro-Bono work making public service commercials for them. My favorite campaign was The Animal Chooses the Owner where we shot people inside of dog cages and then had dogs and cats wander up to the cage to choose their new owner.

The idea came when my two youngest kids and I were looking at cats and a black kitten began to climb up my leg; he had chosen me. Needless to say we took him home that day.





No comments:

Post a Comment