Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! I thought it would be fun to write up a little something looking back on this past year and hopefully giving us all some food for thought for the new year.

This blog is not huge, it does not go viral and probably isn't the first thing any of you look at when you log on each day. I don't run ads and the only promotion I do for it is to post some things on Facebook and in a car group or two. I do this for fun. It's a place for me to post my pictures and to occasionally (when I have the time) write longer pieces on specific cars that I've come in contact with.

I started this blog a few years ago with my youngest son. As a youngster he used to enjoy going to car shows with me and was always wanting to learn about the different cars we would see. As he got older his interest in cars, and in hanging with his old man, continued. Though now that he is in college, working, and spending time with his friends, he doesn't head out with me as much as he used to. Later this January though he will be going to the Cavalcade of Customs with me and I'll be posting pictures from that amazing event here in the blog.

Though this isn't a huge blog it still amazes me at the number of people who check it out from all over the world. Yes, I always get the most posts from the USA but I seem to have a strong base in Germany, Russia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Ukraine. Over the past few months I've gotten a lot of hits from France. So many in fact that over that time they are second only to the number of views from the USA. Hopefully there are a lot of you out there who do manage to check out this page on a regular basis.

This past year was good for my blog and other car writing. I managed to make it to four Concours events along with some of my favorite annual shows. We did experience a lot of rain early in the spring and summer that washed out a number of shows, including some that I usually try to attend.

A couple of years ago, a friend, who published a local men's lifestyle magazine called Cincinnati Profile, asked me to write a monthly column about cars. I agreed since it would be one more outlet for my old car obsession. This past year turned out to be pretty good there, too. I managed to do a number of interesting stories. I got to meet and interview David Power (better known as J.D. Power)
and sat down with the king of television classic car shows, Dennis Gage.

I'm not sure how I'll manage to top that this coming year but I'll do my best.

As for this blog, well I have one more week of shows from this past season and then I'll be posting about the above mentioned Cavalcade of Customs. I'll also be catching up with pictures from shows this past year that I haven't been able to post as yet. In addition, I have a few car museums I've been to that I'm going to post, starting with the Studebaker National Museum in a couple of weeks.

The cars I'm posting here are more from this past year's Pumpkin Run Nationals, the same show I've been posting this week. I hope you are enjoying these and all of the pictures I put up here.

I love to get feedback. Either post a comment (though I do tend to erase the blatant sales pitches and ads) of drop me an email at turnerbudds@yahoo.com. I always write back.

One last thing: Happy New Year. Now time to watch some football.



No comments:

Post a Comment