Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkins at the Run

          As a one time owner of a bright orange car, a German built Mercury Capri from the late 1970s, I know what it's like to have people looking at you for the color of your automobile. Now in my case I got the Capri from my older brother who had just been given an Audi as a company car. He had bought the Capri off the lot and it was the one color they had with the options that he wanted.
          I drove that Capri a lot of miles. By the time I was finished I had sand from beaches along the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Gulf of Mexico; dirt from Canada and Mexico and from many states in the lower 48.
          At the Annual Pumpkin Run Nationals I think it is extra special when those owners of classic orange cars show off their rides. So here are a lot of those orange beauties that were on display at this year's event.










No comments:

Post a Comment